The windows are open, the sun is shining, and spring decorating can begin! Whether redoing your living room or upgrading your sofa, there’s a lot to consider. First and foremost, what kind of upholstery are you looking for? Leather Expressions is here to resolve the leather vs. fabric debate.
Top 5 Reasons to Ditch Fabric and Choose Leather
- Comfort. One of the biggest leather furniture myths is that leather gets unbearably hot in summer. You may be thinking, “This has happened with my car before, so how can it be a myth?” The secret is the quality of the leather grade. Genuine leather is breathable and allowing it to stay cool in the summer and cozy in the winter.
- Durability. Leather furniture can accommodate a variety of lifestyles. Top-grain leather will be durable even in an active, family home. So no more worrying about pet scratches or punctures! It takes takes nearly 400 pounds of pressure to puncture leather.
- Timeless appeal. From a purely aesthetic perspective, you can’t go wrong with real leather furniture. It has a classically elegant look that pairs with countless interior styles. It can easily be the centerpiece of your living room or blend into your design scheme seamlessly.
- Cleanliness. Believe it or not, this is where leather really triumphs over fabric sofas. There are all kinds of leather-friendly cleaning agents out there. Leather is also much more stain resistant than fabric, since it takes longer to absorb liquid. As for pet hair, say goodbye to vacuuming your fabric couch! Simply wipe it down with a Swiffer duster or sweeping cloth. Plus, pet odor won’t penetrate leather furniture (unlike fabric)
- Longevity. Your next furniture purchase is an investment. Fabric furniture is more prone to deterioration, fading, stains, and sending you back to the store for a new couch in five years. Leather furniture, on the other hand, has a lifespan of fifteen to twenty years.
The Best Leather Furniture is Waiting at Leather Expressions
Leather Expressions prides itself on stocking the best leather furniture on the market. Swing by our showroom at 927 Bethlehem Pike in Colmar, PA, to experience the difference! If you have any questions, fill out our online form or call 215-631-1500 to speak to a leather furniture expert.